These are produced as a by-product of the finished goods processing. Used predominately for poultry and livestock bedding. Also used as a growing medium in hydroponic tunnels.The dry pine shavings are compressed into a plastic bale. The bale measures approx. 500mm (w) x 330mm (h) x 650mm (l). The weight is approx. 23kg per bale.
The benefits of the compressed bale:
- No purchasing & recycling of wool bales.
- Improved storage
- Compressed bales are approx. 40% of the size of an un-compressed bale of the same volume
- Easier to stack & store
- Sealed bags mean neater & cleaner storage
- Improved handling. Can be handled & spread easily by one person.
- Sealed plastic bags protect the shavings from moisture.
- Reduced transport costs. Can load up to 60% more on a load compared to the un-compressed wool bales.
- All round more convenient than the un-compressed bales.